Becoming A Member
SHARE/GUIDE has been actively supported by its long list of members that comprises organizations from all sectors of the Malaysian economy. Their support has contributed to our existence today and members are encouraged to participate actively in all annual activities. This is the forum for members to get together in order to Share information of their experiences and to Guide each other in their challenging IT roles.
CLAUSE 4 MEMBERSHIP
The membership of the Association shall consist of honorary members, ordinary members and associate members.
a. HONORARY MEMBERS :
An ‘Honorary Member’ is defined as any personality who, by virtue of his immense contribution to the Association in Malaysia, has been nominated by the Management Council of the Association as deserving of this category of membership. They cannot hold post or vote.
b. ORDINARY MEMBERS :
- User Member – An organization or company which is primarily a user of Information Technology (IT) products or services.
- Service Provider Member – An organization or company which is primarily a vendor or service provider of Information Technology (IT) products or related services.
- Individual Member – An Individual IT Professional working in an IT user’s organization or companies or in the IT field or IT industry.
- Each organisation/company member shall be represented by an officially appointed person to attend meetings of the Association.
- Each member has only one vote.
c. ASSOCIATE MEMBERS :
- Qualified professionals who do not qualify for ordinary membership but whom the Management Council judge can contribute substantially to the Association.
- Organisation and companies which do not qualify for ordinary membership but which the Management Council judge can contribute substantially to the Association.
- Associate members shall have no voting rights or to hold office in the Association.
Share/Guide provides organisational support in promoting knowledge-sharing among members and between vendors on new products and solutions to assist in the implementation of IT related projects.
Share/Guide acts as the spokesman in providing feedback and opinions to service providers in enhancing their solutions and services for members ‘ best interests.
Provides opportunities to members by allowing access to high quality technical and management information that are normally subsidised or without charge.